Monday 1 October 2007

Dil Dosti etc..

Three things are clear. Sanjay Mishra is dead. Apurv survived and Apurv is still looking for love(sex). But I wonder what really killed Sanjay ! Was it Sanjay himself, Prerna, Apurv , the opponent contestant in union election or PRAKASH JHA?

I appreciated Prakash Jha a lot for his movies like Aapharan and Gangajal. These movies revealed the social evil and conveyed clear message that – “bad things last” and he showed these based on few real incidence. But after watching his latest release last Friday “Dil Dosti etc...” I doubt the Prakash Jha’s motive of producing this movie. Let me tell you what I comprehended from this movie.


I think Prakash Jha couldn’t decide –“what really killed Sanjay” so the movie ended with riddle. He let audience decide, who really killed Sanjay based on their perception. So that they can justify the scene and hence the movie. I took each option provided by him and analyzed them.

Did Sanjay Mishra kill himself? I really doubt that. But if he did than we should learn from his mistake. Friends are also human and our expectation for them should not overpower our emotions. No wonder friends can cheat and hence it’s our responsibilities to identify the correct ones and stay away from selfish cunning friends.

Did Prerna Kill him? I guess yes and actually Sanjay let her do that. We youth think Love knows now boundaries but actually it has. Sanjay thought he could change Prerna once they would get married. They both were from completely different society with different perception about life. Sanjay dreamt to marry the girl who wants to be a model and doesn’t hesitate to ramp in lingerie. Everyone one of us has our comfortable zone which we define based on our perception towards life, family background, and ethics. Sanjay crossed this zone and suffered. At one scene (They chase bike riders on bus and fight with them) Apurv said, Sanjay knows what he wants to do and how to do that. I think that dialogue bluffed the audience.

Did Apurv kill him? Yes he did. His sexual desperation and ego to win the challenge killed Sanjay. When Sanjay caught Apurv and Prerna red handed I foresee the end of movie with Apurv death. But what actually happened was opposite to my opinion.

Did the opponent contestant in union election kill him? Fair chances. After all every thing is fair in love and war.

Now at last my doubt is on Prakash Jha. I think he didn’t murder only Sanjay but also thoughts of most of the youth in colleges and outside college. If I would have been in college while watching this movie, I would have very much inspired from movie. I would have thought – Smoking Bidi is not dangerous to health as there is no warning on the pack. If I live carefree life, without any plan in life and sleeping all around whenever got an opportunity – I am survived. But If I would have been living life akin to Sanjay Mishra, who valued the life, with dream to achieve something in life and working hard to realize them, I would have scared because – At last I am dead!
Also my belief towards politics that, politics is province of citizen of Bihar would have been strong. Movies like this only discourage youths from opting politics. I also wonder why only citizen of Bihar contest for election in all movies!

Dil Dosti etc.. basically suggest few good message but lots other which will misguide youths, and the trauma is that, few good message are all implicit which can hardly be comprehended by today’s young generation and all bad messages are explicitly revealed in the movie.
What the hell is the significant of telling people what “Fast-food” implies when a prostitute says that!

No comments: