Thursday 11 October 2007

Cricket mania - Team India ban karo

Australia lost last match with just 9 runs, and today Aussis won the match by overwhelming 9 wickets! That’s really fabulous. I really appreciate Aus’s consistent performance.

Just few days back Indian team won world cup and now they are loosing match like anything. It’s very hard to memorize all those rewards honored to them when Team India returned from South Africa. If Team India was so capable few days back what happened suddenly. Cricket is game of uncertainty, I know, but this rule doesn’t apply if one loose all the game it play.


I actually doubt capability of Indian cricket team, and more than that I hate the hype for cricket in India. I personally believe that, I would prefer to play cricket for 9 hours if I get that much time than sitting and watching cricket. I remember that day in college when I was entering into the mess to have my lunch and one of my friends asked me, Hey Vivek do you know what is the score? I asked, of what? He gave me strange look and asked me, don’t you know there is a cricket match of India? I said – No! He was amazed like I told him that, I was with your wife last night! That’s really absurd. In India if you don’t know match schedule and are not updated with the score card, you are absurd! I really wonder, if the question “what is our national game?” would appear for 10 million question in “Kaun Banega Karorpati” after few years.

I also love cricket but I am not obsessed about it like most others in India. I would urge people to enjoy cricket and not make propaganda of it, specially media, politician and promotion companies. Except Cricket, every other game is starving for fund. Little diversion of fund from cricket to other games will help a lot to motivate other games also.

Gradually my mind is observing only ghastly qualities of Team India and I wish India would loose all the match in next one year so that this hype could diminish. Even If India wins all the game, I wish if this hype could diminish.

Other games need our support, Let’s motivate them also.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

helloji.......

well should say a practical thuoght n depiction of reality.

a bit me to thinks like da same.

carry on......