Friday 11 December 2009

My charming luck

Someone in bank directed me towards counter number four. I turned towards counter four and saw a girl busy in managing papers spread on her desk. I put my form on her desk to get my demand draft for JMET.

She looked at my form, raised her head up and asked with voice full of vigour - ‘Hey, are you going to IISc?’

Her sweet voice and beautiful face made me speechless and for a moment I landed in the dream world as I am submitting the admission letter at IISc, until I heard her voice again - ‘Excuse me!’

Eww, was I staring to her for so long !

I couldn’t think of any thing and I answered - I hope ! (Was that stupid answer!!)

Anyways, after that she told me all about his cousin who passed out from IISc, placed in BARC and now into making missiles. And all this time I was staring at her, gauging the source of her excitement. I was again in dream world for a moment asking her out for coffee. Well, I am among those 99 people who can’t ask a girl for coffee.

When she ended her cousin’s glorified story, I told her about the management course I am applying to and that her cousin did bachelors from IISc. We did bit more chit-chat after which she wished me lots of luck and asked - Sir, please wait for few minutes, take your seat. Sir!, Oh! that was painful. And why the hell I was standing till now. I felt so embarrassed.

Those few minutes flee in moments and my draft was ready. I thanked her and move towards out gate. I endured but forced myself not to turn back and look at her again. I thought that would be another blooper.

I ignited my bike and suddenly this thought popped on my mind - Can’t I have doubts on draft?

I was back to her desk again, asking about the DD number and all. She wished me luck again with same fervor. This time I was out, all smiling and again in my dream world - I am out with her and IISc admission letter in my hand. :)

No comments: